Extreme Southern Production
"Your Day - Your Dreams - Our Specialty"
|Posted on March 7, 2016 at 10:23 PM|
Event: Wedding Reception & Ceremony
Location: Endris Lodge Clarksville IN
Time: 3pm to 730 pm
DJ/MC Shannon Edds
Mood of the DJ ( SICK BUT ANXIOUS)
This is something new that ESP ENTERTAINMENT will start doing after each event. We are going to Blog about the event and bring to life the details through our world. BEHIND THE DJ STAND.
This was a very unique wedding and a heart-filled one at that. ESP received a call from a very special friend Photographer Samantha Lee Kilfoile. She wanted to know if we had the availability to do a donation wedding for a special couple. I asked the story and after hearing it how could I say no. Brian and Kristina have a son named Camden. Here is his story.
Camden's Taylor is a 5 yr old little boy and in may 2015 he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and stage 4 brain cancer(anaplastic mendulloblastoma). Since then Camden has had 6 rounds of chemo and was supposed to go into transplant (bone marrow/ stem cell) and had a 70% chance of beating it. When we were ready for transplant we did our final MRI and it showed that the tumor had came back during treatment this put him at a 30% survival rate. We then tried to do another round of chemo to see if the tumor would react and we had another scan Monday the 18 th and it shows no change. It is the end of our fight unless a miracle happens.
Brian and Kristina were married already but did not get to have an actual wedding and Kristina wanted to have the wedding of their dreams with Camden in the pictures and with only one income and the many trips to the hospital there would be no way to afford such a wedding. With the help of some many awesome vendors we all were able to make this happen for them and was beautiful if I do say so myself. So without further ado let me get to it.
The Wedding Ceremony
Kristina wanted an outside ceremony and at the beginning of the week the forecast wasn't going to let that happen but God had other plans. It turned out to be a beautiful day with pretty blue sky's and the temperature was about perfect. So off to the woods we went to a absolutely stunning amphitheater hidden down a small trip through the woods. It was a pretty good distance to the place so there was no electricity and we had to improvise using our Galaxy tab a and a battery powered speaker. It turned out that it went great. I WAS WORRIED LOL. So while setting there on the benches awaiting the arrival of the guest I got an opportunity to process the area around me. There was a small path that lead through the woods down a small hill then up another. As you crested the other hill you could see the opening in the trees. As you continued down the path you could see in the opening three rows od benches all facing in a half circle toward a concrete stage. Behind the stage was the beautiful background of nothing but Gods Painting. Trees a woods forest with the birds chirping and the leaves rustling. Yes it was a beautiful day.
As the guest started to arrive I started a great selection of country instrumental music. It went awesome with the setting we were in. All the guest took a seat and off in the distance you could see gorgeous bridesmaids and groomsman walking down the path. With the thumbs up from myself the ceremony started. As they made there way down the aisle you could look around and feel the love in the air today was a beautiful day. Once they were all up at the stage Carolyn Miller took over and rocked the ceremony. Half way through after the two exchanged there tear jerking vows you could look around to almost anyone in there and see that there eyes were not dry. Everything went absolutely perfect event the unity candle continued to stay burning with the wind and everything. You couldnt have asked for anything more. After a wonderful upbeat recessional exit it was off to the reception.
I will be quite honest with this. I was a little nervous. It was a smaller wedding approx. 50 people. It is extremely hard to get people up and dancing later in the evening with a smaller amount of people and any seasoned DJ MC will tell you that same thing. So going into it I had some anxious nerves. They were quickly settled when the Brides mother came up requested a song before anything started and grabbed her significant other and dragged him to the dance floor for a little boot scoot and boogie. After that I settled in and knew tonight was going to be just fine. After handing out the Love Advice cards and making a few quick announcements it was a waiting game. We put on some great upbeat music and kept everyone well occupied. I mean with a photo-booth a candy bar a liquor bar and some great company my job wasn't hard. So the Cake was set the food was hot and smelling delish the beautiful decorations were placed and the small but eager guest list were ready and awaiting the arrival of the bridal party. With a short few songs on the play list gone and done the pictures were now over and the bridal party was outside waiting the grand entrance. SONG Uptown Funk: It was a energized grand entrance and it flowed very smoothly. Food is now ready to be served but not without a great blessing performed by Grandma Dottie. What a awesome lady ( I saw her over in the corner during the cocktail reception sing along to every song I played). So with the blessing done the food was now ready to be served. This is one positive of a small crowd for a DJ/MC, walking everyone through the dinner line. If you have a huge crowd it is rough to get everyone through in a timely manner. This one went without a hitch. With full bellies and lots of smiles it was now time to start the other events on the itinerary for tonight. We had to adjust somethings on the itinerary. There was a bridal party member that had to step out to run an errand so we switched some things around and started the first dance. Song Garth Brooks The Dance:Brian THE GROOM had everyone in tears when he showed just how much love he had for Kristina when he wiped a tear off the side of his face. (Don't worry partner your secret is safe with me LOL). Following the first dance was the bride father dance, Bouquet toss and Garter toss. We had a little more time to waste until the Groomsman returned so we through in the SHOE GAME where Brian and Kristina Dominated. 16 out of 20 questions answered correctly. That makes this couple a match made in heaven according to the game rules. Once Everyone returned it was time to toast and cut the cake. I cannot give the details on the cake cutting due to the secret fun stuff we add to the wedding but lets just say it got messy lol and some of you other couples from the past know what I am talking about. After a quick clean up of cake it was now time to dance. Here is where my nerves kicked back in. I started with the always fun and upbeat play that funky music white boy followed that with The nae nae and we were off to the races. We had such a blast. With the dancing the smiles the tears the whole night was grand. Camden and all the other kiddos were dancing and showing the parents how it was done. You couldn't have asked for a better night. It was truly a honor and pleasure to work with all the great vendors that donated their time to make this "One of a kind" wedding happen. Kristina and Brian we will be praying for your family and most of all for a miracle for Camden. Don't ever give up hope cause miracles happen every day.
If you would like to help support Camden's fight against cancer please visit his go fund me page at Camdens Fight Aganst Cancer. Thank you all for reading. Take a moment and like our facebook page Extreme Southern Productions It is amazing to share my stories from BEHIND THE STAND. Take care and God Bless You all. Hope you enjoyed till next time.
Categories: Wedding Recap